The Woods faculty and staff are professional and dedicated, committed to their profession, to innovation, and to furthering their understanding about the learning process.
Our academic programs, commitment to community, small classes, and competitive compensation and benefits packages make The Woods a wonderful place to teach and work. The Woods Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please contact us
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
A Woods Academy Professional…
Demonstrates a passion for Education by:
- Having a positive professional attitude,
- Seeking professional development opportunities,
- Being creative and flexible,
- Engaging students in active learning,
- Managing time and classroom effectively.
Demonstrates a passion for Students by:
- Recognizing and responding to the academic and social-emotional needs of children and their parents,
- Appreciating the uniqueness of every child,
- Providing a safe and caring environment with appropriate boundaries and consequences to promote the development of resourcefulness, responsibility and resilience,
- Encouraging children to maximize their potential. Demonstrates a passion for Community by:
- Modeling Judeo-Christian values,
- Fostering a sense of belonging to the community,
- Showing compassion to parents, students and colleagues,
- Effectively communicating with parents, students and others,
- Appreciating the gifts of others,
- Working as a team through open communication and collaboration,
- Celebrating the successes of others.
Characteristics of Professional Excellence Adopted by The Woods Academy Faculty, September 26, 2007