Tuition & Financial Aid
The Value of a Woods Education
The Woods Academy provides an extraordinary educational experience at a great value.
The Woods offers:
- Small Class Sizes
- average class size = 15
- student:teacher ratio = 7:1,
- A Friendly, Family-like Culture
- 50% of graduates have attended since Montessori Preschool,
- An Advanced and Challenging Curriculum that Prepares Children Well for High School and Beyond
- 100% of 8th graders accepted to 1st choice high school for 2 consecutive years,
- Nurturing, Caring Teachers
- average teacher tenure at Woods is 10 years, and
- An Infrastructure Built for 21st Century Learning
- a makerspace with three 3D printers and over 300 student devices.
|Level||Half Day||Full Day|
|Three year old (Montessori Preschool - M3)||$13,270||$17,650|
|Four year old (Montessori Preschool - M4)||$13,270||$19,440|
|Five year old (Montessori Preschool - MF/ Kindergarten)||__||$22,120|
|Lower School (Grades 1-4)||__||$22,120|
|Upper School (Grades 5-8)||__||$23,420|
Payment of annual tuition is made in one, two, or ten installments. If paying in one or two installments, the first one is due on June 1 and the balance on January 1. A monthly payment plan with a minimal fee is offered to families wishing to pay the full year’s tuition over a period of 10 months. The first payment is due on May 1.
Students are registered for the entire school year. No deduction is made for absence or withdrawal.
Parents are also encouraged to participate in the Tuition Refund Plan.
In support of the school’s mission and philosophy, The Woods Academy demonstrates the school’s commitment to attract and retain students who will benefit from the educational experiences and enhance the school community by allocating tuition assistance funds during the budget process. In addition to these budgeted amounts, Sharing In Growth, Paul Werres, and the Founders’ Funds are financial aid funds that have been established for Woods families in need of tuition assistance. The support for these financial aid programs come from a variety of sources, including (1) initial contributions by a group of generous donors; (2) additional voluntary contributions from members of the Woods community; (3) a portion of the annual auction proceeds; and (4) profits from the annual Woods Academy Golf Tournament.
The decision to apply for financial aid has no bearing on the admissions process. Applications for tuition assistance will be considered annually for students entering Full Day Montessori (Luncher) through eighth grade. Students applying for the Montessori 3-year old or 4-year old programs are not eligible for financial aid. Please refer to the information below to guide you through the financial aid process.
Apply for Financial Aid On Time!
This is the most important thing you can do to increase your chances of receiving an aid award. If you are a new family and you think there is a chance your family will choose The Woods Academy, apply for financial aid at the same time you apply for admission. DO NOT wait until your child is admitted to apply for financial aid. Often financial aid funds are spoken for by the time acceptance letters are issued.
All applications for tuition assistance must be completed by January 31.
Tax return information must be submitted by February 15.
Unfortunately, there is always a greater demand for aid than there are resources so it is important to submit the information required by the deadlines given.
The Woods Academy has partnered with FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment (FGAA) for our financial aid application process and assessment. FGAA has a great reputation for helping families throughout the aid process and application submission. Please complete the following steps to successfully apply for financial aid. Please note both parents must complete the steps if they are from different households. Unfortunately, there is always a greater demand for aid than there are resources so it is important to submit the information required by the deadlines given.
1. Families must first complete and submit the FGAA online aid application.
2. Once the online application has been completed and submitted, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process.
- Copies of your 2017 Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules. If 2017 tax forms cannot be submitted by the deadline of February 15, 2018, the following must be submitted in order for your application to be reviewed in a timely manner:
- Copies of your most recently filed Federal tax forms.
- Copies of your 2017 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Notification for awards will be made in early March, however, awards will not be finalized until your 2017 Federal tax forms are submitted.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All supporting documentation may be:
- Uploaded in pdf format online,
- Faxed to 866-315-9264, or
- Mailed to: FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, P.O. Box 82524, Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.
For more details and information about the FGAA application process, please review the FGAA Flyer.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.
Aid award recommendations are calculated by a FACTS formula and reported to the Director of Finance for review and consideration by the Financial Aid Committee.