The Woods Academy Preparations for Reopening
We are The Woods. We will be Ready.
Preparing for a Safe Return to Campus
The Woods Academy Reopening Task Force is actively planning and preparing for the first day of school on August 31.
While we believe we have prepared appropriately and have all the measures in place for a safe reopening, forces beyond our control are now requiring us to shift. The Montgomery County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles has issued a directive that prohibits all private schools in Montgomery County from reopening in-person until at least October 1. You can read that directive here.
We will have a more robust communication out to our parent community by Wednesday, August 5, as planned, and a Parent Meeting via Zoom on Thursday, August 6 as scheduled. More details to come this week as this is a rapidly evolving situation.
We know this turn is disappointing to many. We will continue to focus on how best we can serve our kids through this time. Our strength will always be our community and our focus will always be on safely supporting our kids. That will never change.
Please visit this page regularly for updates and to access information and resources to support your child. Current and new incoming families will also be informed of updates as they are posted to the page.
- Who is responsible for making the plans for a return to school?
- What will school look like in the fall?
- What are the possible scenarios for school next year?
- What informs the above scenarios?
- What are "Universal Health and Safety Measures?"
- How is The Woods Health Office preparing to meet the needs of students in the fall?