The Woods Fund
100% Parent Participation in 100 Days
Your contribution to The Woods Annual Fund provides an extraordinary experience for our students, allowing curiosity and confidence to thrive.
Make your gift today and help ensure that our students leave The Woods
prepared to lead lives of significance.
Head Philanthropists: $10,000 - $19,999
1975 Leaders: $1,975-$3,999
Friends: up to $999
CONTRIBUTIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
- Why give annually The Woods Fund?
- What is the giving goal?
- What is the timeline?
- How much should I give?
Our generous culture of philanthropy depends on significant and unrestricted annual contributions to The Woods Fund from trustees, parents, grandparents, parents of alumni, alumni, faculty and staff, corporations, foundations, and friends. Annual gifts to The Woods Fund support the people and programs that make The Woods exceptional.
Your contribution to The Woods Fund helps pay for budgeted expenses, such as professional development for our faculty to allow them to bring innovation in education into each classroom, and the more basic costs, such as those of maintaining our building and grounds. As with all independent schools, tuition does not cover the entire cost of a Woods education.
Your gift allows us to do more to enrich and enhance The Woods experience for each child. Here are some of the ways your contribution will have an impact:
- making classroom and technology upgrades, such as providing teachers with new laptops, including Windows Surface Pros
- offering field trips that bring history, science, and the arts to life
- inviting guest speakers that inspire students, broaden their world view, and show what living a life of significance looks like
- continuing to provide Responsive Classroom workshops for faculty
- enhancing our language arts curriculum
- expanding our science programs
- sustaining our arts and music programs
- supporting our athletic teams
- providing First Aid and CPR training for faculty/staff and students
- strengthening our CyberPatriot Team
- implementing the new Strategic Plan
In the fall each year, you will be asked to give but you can make a gift at any time. The Woods Academy's fiscal year runs from July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019. You can pledge now and make your gift later as long as it comes in before June 30, 2019. Many donors make a gift coinciding with calendar year-end to capture an annual tax benefit, use work bonuses to fund their gifts, or enhance their giving by securing a matching gift from their employer.